Jon Willy posture and Canali training for posterior chain with Coach Simon Hunt at Front Yard. Pictures and video below. This training is based on the work of Vincenzo Canali and Italian Professor in posture in sport. Exercises are performed in a progression of increasing control and range of motion through six phases of training.
- Passive position – no muscle contraction and help from coach
- Active – static position with muscle contraction
- Eccentric – lengthening of muscle under contraction in and out of position
- Concentric – shortening of muscle under contraction in and our of position
- Dynamic – ability to hold position and control instability thrown at the body
- Sports specific – ability to function through all positioning in the sporting environment
The exercises we did are basic and fundamental to further progression of movement control. Static exercises are held for 30 secs for now. Mobility exercises are done with control and through the full range possible.
- Roll situps with shoulder extension.
- Single leg straight with shoulder press lying.
- Standing piked shoulder extension stretch.
- Pressing through foot to hands standing piked.
- Sitting arch and ball for lumbar mobility.